March 07, 2007

I think I can

Last night was the last night of my beginner photography course. It was a long 8 weeks. The class started out really very slow and a little remedial. Because lets face it some of us our savvy with the workings of simple things like memory cards and batteries and some aren't. I see why all of this mentioned need to be explained.

Last night we met by the Train Station and did a night shoot. This was the most fun we had the whole 8 weeks. Actually taking photos and applying what we have learned about light and shutter speed. I have posted some photos for you to see. It is just utterly amazing with the light and inner workings of the camera can produce.

(just worth noting, the first train that came by scared me shitless. Those caltrains have a lot of power)( on a good note, I found a new bakery, with turkey and brie sandwiches and just yummy godness)

I look forward to taking the next course in the summer. This class will be the one where we can actually apply all that we have learned in this class.

After you take a photography class, I don't think you ever look through the lens the same. As well as look at someone else's photography the same.

Here are some photos of our downtown area, the local courthouse and some other landmarks. All of these photos were taken at around 8pm. So it was really dark out.

********************************************************************

This picture is a little fuzzy, but if you can beleive it this photo was taken at night. The sky was black.

This photo is from downtown and give you an idea of what the photo would look like with out the proper adjustments


Here are two photos after proper adjustments.




6 Comments:

Blogger Jeri said...

you totally nailed the fountain picture...that is a work of art!

March 07, 2007 4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Taking photos at night can be pretty tricky. You did an awesome job!

March 08, 2007 11:21 AM  
Blogger Dolores said...

Wow, those look great!! I need to take a course, too...

March 08, 2007 1:21 PM  
Blogger The G Family said...

Looks like we may have the makings of a new business venture...Beautiful pics. I can not believe the difference after the "adjustments" wow!!!! very nice work!!!

March 10, 2007 1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so jealous! I wish we had a photography class around here. That would be so much fun! Your pictures look great so far! :)

March 13, 2007 6:05 PM  
Blogger Fizzgig said...

You have the eye for a good photo thats for sure! I'm so envious of your classes! I guess I could say I'm also jealous you have the scenery like that to shoot. Much prettier than snow dunes, and salt covered cars that I have here.

March 14, 2007 9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Designed by www.troll-babygraphics.com

email is fun

hhmomma

Image hosting by Photobucket

the latest

Housekeeping
double vanity
Rainy Day Fun
It's a girl
Over the moon.....
Here and back
Books and more books
The one where he uses a flashlight to look in her ...
HOT!
Yumm-o

old school

blogs that make me smile

the rings

credits

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics